Please check back often for updates to City Services and Events in Indio.
City Hall and Government Services:
- City Hall is closed to the general public, however, it is open for appointments. Indio's Building and Safety Services began offering real-time virtual building inspections for certain types of required inspections. For additional details, check here. To contact Building and Planning Services, see here. For all Building and safety submittals, payments, and inspections please refer here. For all Planning submittals, payments, and inspections, please refer here.
- No park or special events permits will be issued at this time. Garage sale permits are not being processed at this time.
- Our regularly scheduled City Council meetings will take place in the City Council Chamber. The public is encouraged to watch the meeting virtually on the City's website, or on Facebook Live.
- The City has suspended parking enforcement on street sweeping days because of concerns residents may be home and not able to move cars. However, street sweeping is an important function to maintain street cleanliness, eliminating debris from roadways that could otherwise cause damage to people and property. It also removes debris that could otherwise clog or contaminate storm drains, and cause flooding during inclement weather. For that reason, the City encourages residents and visitors to continue whenever possible, to move their cars on scheduled street sweeping days.
Indio Police Department:
- The lobby at the Indio Police Department reopened on an appointment only basis to reduce the exposure potential to lobby visitors and our personnel. All non-emergency calls will be evaluated accordingly to determine the appropriate response. Applicable non-emergencies to be handled via phone report or by utilizing our online reporting services.
- If you need to report non-emergency or routine issues, please file an online report at www.indiopd.org, or call our non-emergency dispatch line at (760) 391-4051.
- For general Police Records please call the main line at (760) 391-4057. For Code Enforcement issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 391-4123.
Indio Water Authority:
- The lobby at Indio Water Authority is closed. See the IWA news release for ways to continue to conduct business and make payments. Or call (760) 391-4038 or email email@example.com for additional information.
- All water-shut offs through Indio Water Authority will be stopped during this period of financial concern.
Senior Center and Services:
- The Indio Senior Center has temporarily closed. For the latest information, and questions about previously scheduled food distribution, check here. You can also call (760) 391-4170.
- Effective March 29, 2021, the Indio Teen Center has reopened for limited in-person and virtual programming. Events for members are also being held via Instagram Live. For more information, call (760) 541-4414 and check out the Teen Center Website.
News from our Community Partners:
- Desert Theatreworks, which operates out of the Indio Performing Arts Center (IPAC), is postponing its 2019/2020 season effective immediately. Call the box office at (760) 980-1455 for more information.
- The Coachella Valley History Museum will reopen to the public for limited hours on Saturdays and Sundays beginning April 17, 2021.
Event Cancellations and Postponements:
- Riverside County's Public Health Officer announced the cancellation of the previously rescheduled Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Music Festivals. No new dates have been announced.
According to a previous announcement from Goldenvoice, all 2020 passes will be honored in 2021. Current pass holders will be sent an email by the end of the day on Monday, June 15 with further instructions to request a refund or to roll over to next year.
- On July 24, the 2021 Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival, set for Feb. 12-21 at the Fairgrounds in Indio was canceled, with the hope to resume in 2022 for the 75 year celebration.
- The International Tamale Festival scheduled for Dec. 2020 has been rescheduled until December 2021 in downtown Indio.
- The 2021 Southwest Arts Festival scheduled from Jan. 28-Jan. 31 at the Empire Polo Club is cancelled. It will return in January 2022.
Other important news and information:
- As a public service only, the City has provided sample forms for residential tenants who might be facing an eviction. Sample forms are available in English and in Spanish.
- The post office at the Pro Shop at the Lights at Indio Golf Course remains open for mailing needs. The operational hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- Sunline Transit announced that local fixed route and paratransit bus service will be provided free of charge. SunLine Transit Agency is taking precautions to provide the recommended social distancing and to help the community in these uncertain times. Passengers without disabilities will be directed to use the rear door of the vehicle for boarding and alighting to minimize contact with transit operators at the front door and farebox area. People utilizing mobility devices or who need the ramp will be allowed to board and alight from the front door of the vehicle. Sunline is also enhancing cleaning. To learn about any changes to service routes, click here.