Due to Coronavirus transmission concerns, the City of Indio has implemented the Virtual Inspection Program. The program will provide an alternative for eligible residential inspections, and in some cases, commercial inspections. Overall, the Inspector Supervisor will determine which residential or commercial inspections qualify. The program requires the customer to use a smart phone, iPad or laptop with video capability for interacting with the Building Inspector.
The inspection process is required to include the following:
- The customer is required to have a valid permit for the proposed work.
- The customer is required to confirm they have the appropriate electronic device with minimum 4G connectivity.
- The customer is required to contact Ruben Franz, Building Inspector Supervisor, at email@example.com or (760) 541-4210 to request an appointment for a virtual inspection. The customer is to provide the permit number, site address, type of inspection, email and contact phone number.
- The Inspector Supervisor will verify the inspection type can be done virtually and will confirm an appointment date and time.
- At the scheduled time, the assigned Building Inspector will initiate a LifeSize video call to the customer. This should only require the customer to click on a link, and once in the app, enter the sent four-digit code. The customer may alternately request to use FaceTime.
- The Building Inspector will direct the customer where to point the camera (beginning by showing the site address).
- Inspection results will be emailed to the customer and entered into the permitting system.
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Patio Covers
- Water Heater Changeouts
- Sewer Connections
- Gas Line Extensions for BBQ and Fire Pits
- HVAC Changeouts
- Electrical Panel Changeouts
- Window Changeouts
*Note: If for any reason the Inspector is unable to complete the inspection via the Virtual Inspection Program, every effort will be made to route a field inspector to complete the inspection the same day. If this is not possible, the inspector will schedule a field inspection for the next business day.